- Andrew Wright is currently counting first service, so for now we only need to count second service collections (and summer single-service Sundays). He is suppose to let us know if he is unable to make the first service, in which case both services are counted together.
- The collection material – counting sheets and pouches – can be found in a slot behind the door of the sound room. (As well, the current counting schedule is usually posted on the wall of that room if you need to check during the service.) If Andrew didn’t do first service, the first service money will also be found there. (I always give this a look anyway just in case.) Most of you don’t have a key to the sound room, so be sure and collect everything out of there before it gets closed up.
- During the second service, the counter should be there to pick up the collection baskets directly from them. If they don’t see a counter, they are suppose to put the money in the pouch and put that in the slot behind the door; however, they have been known to empty the baskets into the slot, or to put them under the sound-room table or on Andrea’s desk. This can be chancy, so it's best to be there when they finish.
- When you get the money, separate and count it by denomination and stamp the backs of the checks (there is a deposit-only stamp in Andrea’s top drawer). Fill out the counting sheet and have both counters initial it. Put the money, checks and counting sheets in the pouch and drop it into the safe in Andrea’s closet. Clean everything up and put the baskets back in the sanctuary closet shelf.
- In case one counter can't make the service, let the other one know so they aren't waiting up.