- Counting will be scheduled by quarter; I will send out a call for “dark” days, choose an appropriate schedule, and then send it to you and post it on the Sunday service organizing calendar http://tinyurl.com/worshipcalendar2 under the OFFERING COLLECTION column.
- The collection material – counting sheet and pouch – can be found in a slot behind the door of the sound room. Most of you don’t have a key to the sound room, so be sure and collect everything out of there before it gets closed up. If the envelope is missing from the slot, or you get locked out of the sound room, see Step 6.
- The counters are expected to help the greeters with the collection during the service. This typically involves collecting the 3 baskets from the left-hand-side coat closet shelf, giving one to the balcony collector and starting the other two from the front from the middle aisle, guiding them through the pews, and gathering them all up at the end. Bonnie Nelson or Rachel Rose is usually directing things, so they can let you know which greeter is doing what.
- You can go directly to Franklin’s office (off the copy room) to count, or simply stuff the money and checks into the pouch and count them after the service.
- Franklin usually works during the services, so he would already be in his office when you get there. If not, the key is in a combination slot next to the door (ask Franklin for the code). I usually count in the office wing lobby to stay out of his way.
- There are plenty of counting sheets in the slot behind the sound room door, and more in the trays on Franklin’s desk. If there is no pouch there, just fill out the counting sheet and use a regular envelope instead.
- Separate, count, and record the money, stamp the backs of the checks, and initial the counting sheet. (There is a deposit-only stamp on Franklin’s desk.) It is not necessary to count or total the checks themselves Franklin will do all that.
- Put the money, checks and counting sheets back into the pouch (or envelope) and give it to Franklin or drop it into the safe marked Collection Envelopes in his closet. Clean everything up and put the baskets back in the sanctuary closet shelf.