- Andrew Wright is currently counting first service, so for now we only need to count second service collections. He is suppose to let us know if he is unable to make the first service, in which case both services are counted together.
- The collection material – counting sheets and envelopes – can be found in a slot behind the door of the sound room. If Andrew didn’t do first service, the first service money will also be found there. (I always give this a look anyway just in case.) Most of you don’t have a key to the sound room, so be sure and collect everything out of there before it gets closed up.
- During the second service, the ushers usually expect the counter to pick up the collection baskets directly from them. If they don’t see a counter, they are suppose to put the money in the envelope and put that in the slot behind the door; however, they have been known to empty the baskets into the slot, or to put them under the sound-room table or on Andrea’s desk. This can be chancy, so it's best to be there when they finish.
- When you get the money, separate and count it by denomination and stamp the backs of the checks (there is a deposit-only stamp in Andrea’s top drawer). Fill out the counting sheet and initial it (both counters if there is more than one).
- Put the money, checks and counting sheets in a big envelope and drop it into the safe in Andrea’s closet. Clean everything up and put the baskets back in the sanctuary closet shelf.
- With two counters: Divvy things up however you see fit to get a reliable count. (Both of you have to help uncrumple the money.) In case one counter can't make it, let the other one know so they aren't waiting up.