Living Our Covenant with Intention
To build awareness of the Church Covenant and inspire congregants to live it with intention
Statement of Purpose
The Living Our Covenant Ministry strives to increase awareness of the diversity of social, political, and religious beliefs in our congregation. We will use the tenets of our Covenant to build a more welcoming, thoughtful, and safe community for all of our members.
- Increase discussion among our members and associates about our Covenant and its tenets
- Provide opportunities to explore how we can best embody our covenant
- Encourage a vocabulary of equality, inclusiveness, and awareness that enables us to speak respectfully to all members of our community
- Report to the minister regularly.
- There will be a chair and co-chair – Staggered two-year terms with an option to renew
- Current Co-Chairs are Dave Klibanow and Bianca Rodriguez
- Membership is open to all congregants
How does the Ministry Make Decisions?
- We will use open and honest discussion and deep listening during our meetings.
- Most decisions will be made using informal consensus
- Formal voting will only occur when it is necessary to create an official record of the discussion and ultimate course of action.
- We will meet monthly or as needed between August and May
- Notes will be distributed electronically
- Meetings are open to all