Sunday Programs for Youth
The Ministry Program is worship based. No matter the age, worship is central to the church experience. Beginning with the Pre-K classes through high school, our children and youth worship together each week. The program is organized into small ministry groups so the children and youth can get to know and build community with their age mates and worship together.
9:15 and 11:00 AM
9:15 and 11:00 AM
- Middle School Ministry Program: Soul Matters
- Middle School Youth Group (6th-8th Grade): 2nd and 4th Sundays
- High School Youth Group
- Coming of Age (9th and 10th Grade): 1st and 2nd Sundays
Middle School Sunday Morning (9:15 and 11:00):
Soul Matters is a theme based UU spiritual deepening program for whole communities across the ages. Soul Matters is used in many congregations in our movement.
More about Soul Matters at the Community Church.
Middle School Youth Group 2nd and 4th Sunday Afternoons (4:30-6:00)
An exploration of Unitarian Universalism through discussion, activities, games, and crafts. 2nd Sunday has a social justice focus and 4th Sunday is focused on games.
High School Youth Group (6:30-8:00 PM Sundays)
Weekly meetings include games, discussion, guest speakers, worship and art are all an integral part of the weekly meeting. Service trips and retreats are also a big part of our time together.
Coming of Age
Click here for more information
Bridging is a program for High School seniors. It is a year long program for 17 and 18 year old youth who are making the transition from youth to young adulthood which offers
- a process that supports and honors the many changes in their lives
- helps youth identify their strengths and gifts in order to increase their resilience and ability to face change and challenge
- an intentional process that encourages youth to examine where they have been and set their sights on where they want to go
- an opportunity to explore a greater understanding of their faith and values
For more information contact:
Marion Hirsch, Director of Lifespan Religious Education
hirsch.communitychurch @ gmail.com